Warning!! … Artificial Sweetener Xylitol Toxic To Dogs

Hey all … I’m going to go off in a different direction for a minute tonight.  I just posted this on Twitter and also on my FaceBook page … so thought I’d run it here as well.

I happened to run across an article about an artificial sweetener called Xylitol last night, that is toxic to dogs.  It can be found in candy and gum, which most of us wouldn’t deliberately give our dogs of course, but it can also be found in peanut butter and maybe other products as well.  I do admit I schmear a bit of peanut butter in a Kong or a tiny bit on Buddy’s chew ropes now and then, but I never (knowingly!) touch artificial sweeteners.

I just checked this out on Snopes, thinking it might be an internet rumor, but … looks like this stuff really is poison to our dogs!

So … beware, all!!!! We want to keep our furry family members safe!!!


"Can We Play Now" ... © Lois Bryan Photography and Digital Art
“Can We Play Now” … © Lois Bryan Photography and Digital Art

Click here to read the Snopes article.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!